Information from and about you that we collect
- Contact information that you provide to us such as your name, email address, your phone number and mailing address.
- Information you submit or post such as online job applications, or information you provide when you contact us.
- Demographic information like your age, gender, date of birth or zip code.
- Payment information such as your credit card number and your billing and shipping information if you make a purchase.
- Other information. If you use our site, we may collect information about the browser you’re using. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. If you use our mobile apps, we may collect your GPS location. We might look at how often you use the app and where you downloaded it. We collect this information using the tracking tools described below. To control those tools, please read the choices section below.
We may collect information in different ways
- Directly. For example, if you sign up for our emails or apply for a job online. We also collect information if you contact us online or enter a contest. We may also collect information by providing you with surveys to complete.
- Passively. We use tracking tools like browser cookies and web beacons to collect information from you. We collect information about users over time when you use this site. We also collect this information from our apps. We may have third parties collect personal information this way. Learn more about these tools and how you can control them, here.
- Through third parties. For example, our business partners may give us information about you. Social media platforms may also give us information about you.
- By combining information. For example, we may combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online. Or we may combine information we get from a third party with information we already have.
How we use your information
- To your requests or questions. For example, we may use your information to respond to your customer feedback. We may also use your information to notify you if you win a contest.
- To improve our products and services. We may use your information to make our site and products better. We might use your information to customize your experience with us.
- For security purposes. We may use your information to protect our company and our customers. We may also use information to protect our sites and apps.
- For marketing purposes. For example, we might provide you with information about new products and special offers. We might also use your information to serve you ads about products and offers. These might be third party offers or products we think you might find interesting. We might tell you about new features or updates. If you sign up with us, we’ll enroll you in an email newsletter. To learn about your choices for these communications, read the Choices section below.
- We may use push notifications on our apps. For example, we may send you push notifications about coupons or other offers.
- We use information as otherwise permitted by law or as we may notify you.
How we may share your information with third parties
- We will share information within the Tyson Foods family of companies.
- We will share information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, we share information with vendors who send emails for us. We also share information with companies that help us operate our sites or run a promotion or contest.
- We may share your information with our business partners. For example, we might share information with third parties who co-sponsor a promotion or contest. Some of these partners may send you information about products or services by mail or email.
- We may share information with third parties for marketing purposes. These third parties may include our retail partners. It may also include third parties in whose products or services we believe you may be interested. These third parties may also share your information with others. These third parties may use the information for their own marketing purposes or the marketing purposes of others. This may include the delivery of interest based advertising.
- We will share information if we think we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves. For example, we will share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may share information if a government agency or investigatory body requests it. We might share information if we are investigating potential fraud. This might include fraud we think has happened during a promotion. If you are the winner of a sweepstakes or contest, we may also share your information with anyone who requests a winner’s list.
- We may share information with a successor to all or part of our business. For example, if part of our business is sold, we may include customer information as part of that transaction.
Choices about how we use your information
- You can opt out of receiving our marketing emails. To stop receiving our promotional emails, follow the instructions in any promotional message you get from us. Even if you opt out of getting our marketing messages, we will still send you transactional messages. These include responses to your questions.
- You can control tools on your mobile device. For example, you can turn off the GPS locator or push notifications on your phone.
California residents’ privacy rights
If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at the address listed below. Indicate in your letter that you are a California resident making a “Shine the Light” inquiry.
Not intended for use by children
We use standard security measures
The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our sites will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. This includes not sharing your passwords.
We keep personal information as long as it is necessary or relevant for the practices described in this Policy. We also keep information as otherwise required by law.
We may store information in and outside of the United States
Information we maintain may be stored in the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your information to the United States. This site is subject to U.S. laws, which may not afford the same level of protection as those in your country.
We may link to third-party sites or services we don’t control